COP EC Toolkit: COP Policies and Procedures
The documents below serve as the foundation for the Community of Practice Executive Committee (COP EC) toolkit. Core AST Policy and Procedure references, along with important guidance materials, will be maintained on this page and updated as relevant changes are made by the AST Board of Directors and the AST Executive Staff.
Core COP EC Toolkit Source Material
- Community of Practice (COP) Overview - Outlining the purpose and benefits of AST's COPs.
- COP EC Positions and Functions - Explaining the responsibilities of COP leadership.
- COP Guidelines for Board Liaisons - Reviewing the duties of the COP's Board Liaison.
- COP Benchmark Guidelines - Outlining what the AST Board of Directors expects from a COP each term.
- Code of Ethics for COP Leaders - Providing guidance and direction for effective and ethical COP governance.
- COP-720: COP Executive Committee Election Policy - Policy for COP EC nominations and elections.
- EDU-500: The AST Education Program Overview - Information on how AST creates educational content.
- EDU-520: Proposing an AST Educational Activity - Downloadable proposal form.
Additional COP EC Toolkit Guidance Materials
- COP Conference Call Scheduling - A collection of "how to..." advice, and communication templates, for call scheduling.
- COP EC Term Roadmap - An breakdown of workload and activity over the course of a COP EC term.
- COP Financial Responsibilities for Meetings at ATC - A comprehensive breakdown of cost, and financial coverage, for COP meetings at ATC.
- Creating a Webinar - A reference chart for COP and AST webinar costs and resposibilities.
Additional Non-AST Information
- Robert's Rules of Order - Common rules for conducting and participating in meetings of any size.