Liver & Intestinal Community of Practice (LICOP)
2016-2017 Executive Committee
Staff Liaison: Rae Massi
Co-Chair: Helen Te, MD
Past Chair: David Foley, MD, FACS
Board Liaison: Josh Levitsky, MD, MS
Erin Spengler, MD
Elizabeth Verna, MD, MS
Trainee: Veeral Ajmera, MD
Continue active engagement of membership, public policy/advocacy, and education subcommittees and the Hub workgroup to engage the COP and encourage active participation.
Subcommittees will meet via teleconference at a minimum of every 8 weeks
Will solicit from the COP responses to public policy documents through the Hub
Each member of the executive committee to recruit new AST/LICOP members via individual e-mails
Will submit a minimum of three liver and intestine proposals to ATC 2017.
Will solicit ideas for ATC programs from the COP through the Hub.
Prepare the two following white papers:
- HCV Webinar for the treatment of liver transplant recipients and non-liver transplant recipients
- White Paper on Liver Transplantation in the Morbidly Obese
- Continue to develop the education, public policy, and membership initiatives of the LICOP so that they align with AST mission statement.
- Grow membership through incentive based program using LICOP funds.
- Will actively recruit LICOP members to these subcommittees at annual business meeting at ATC.
- Will send out an annual survey to LICOP to assess education topics of greatest interest/gaps in knowledge
- Will maintain and grow on line library on the LICOP Hub.
- Every member of the LICOP executive community will contribute at least 1 article to the library.
- Will nominate a member to the AST Board, to other committees within AST, and for AST awards
- In-person AASLD meeting annually
- Will provide monthly updates to the COP through posting of approved EC minutes on the Hub