Recognizing Burnout and Preventing Physician Suicide
After participating in this webinar, the attendee will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of preventing physician burnout and suicide.
- Examine lessons learned from the front line of physician burnout and suicide.
- Discuss next steps in protecting physician well-being to prevent negative mental health outcomes .
- Katherine Twombley, MD, FAAP, FAST • Professor of Pediatrics, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
- Michelle Jesse, MD, FAST • Clinical Health Psychologist, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI
- Marwan Abouljoud, MD, FACS, CPE, MMM • Benson Ford Endowed Chair, Director, Henry Ford Transplant Institute, Detroit, MI
AST would like to thank the Pediatrics Community of Practice (PCOP) for recommending this topic to include as part of the T3 webinar series, and the Psychosocial and Ethics Community of Practice (PSECOP) for providing additional planning and support for the session. Learn more about AST's COPs at www.myast.org/cops.
Educational Content Disclaimer: The content, information, opinions, and viewpoints contained in educational materials housed on and linked from the AST web site are those of the authors or contributors of such materials. While the AST and its committees take great care to screen the credentials of the contributors and make every attempt to review the contents, AST MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, as to the completeness or accuracy of the content contained in the educational materials or on this website. The reader of these materials uses these materials at his or her own risk, and AST shall not be responsible for any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in these materials, whether arising through negligence, oversight, or otherwise. Reliance on any information appearing on this site is strictly at your own risk. Read the full disclaimer.