OPTN/UNOS Webinar: Preparing for Change: The New Pancreas Allocation System
October 6 – 7, 2014
In November 2010, the OPTN/UNOS Board of Directors approved policy changes that will establish an efficient and uniform national pancreas allocation system. These changes will reduce geographic inequities of deceased donor pancreas utilization, increase access to transplantation, and change the waiting time calculation for simultaneous pancreas-kidney (SPK) candidates. The new system will also maximize capacity without adversely affecting adult and pediatric renal transplant candidates; including the age, ethnicity, and gender distribution of recipients.
The goal of this education session is to review policy changes and how these changes will impact pancreas and kidney-pancreas allocation at implementation.
Upon completion of the educational event, the participant will be able to:
- Outline the changes in pancreas allocation policy.
- Illustrate waiting time qualifying criteria for kidney-pancreas candidates.
- Describe changes in the allocation of pancreas and kidney-pancreas organs.
- Identify methods for compliance with pancreas allocation policies.
Register now and access resources by going to:
- The OPTN website: http://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/news/newsDetail.asp?id=1649
- The pancreas allocation page of Transplant Pro: http://transplantpro.org/kidneypancreas/
- The educational webinars page of Transplant Pro: http://transplantpro.org/education/webinars/
If you have questions regarding pancreas or kidney-pancreas allocation policy, please contact your Regional Administrator. For questions regarding this event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.