“Transplantation is an enormously complicated field that relies on the participation of physicians, surgeons, researchers and others. In order to advance, all who participate on the transplant team must continue the dialogue. Cooperation among transplant professionals is what has set AST apart from other societies."
-AST founding President, Dr. Ronald Guttmann
Being a member of AST has been an incredibly rewarding experience as junior attending. I have an incredible resource of educational offerings via webinars, journal highlights, and forum discussions. I have posted challenging clinical questions on COP forums and my colleagues have been so generous and helpful with their responses. More importantly, AST offers a community to join. I have met many colleagues through AST and collaborated on research projects. I recently led a research project in LICOP that involved 13 different sites. I would not have ever thought this was possible but I'm thankful that AST places great value on the important of networking.
-Dr. Goel has been an AST member since 2016 and is Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine in Gastroenterology and Hepatology at Stanford University.
How Do I Participate?
It’s easy – refer a colleague and receive one entry for each approved colleague! See full program details and prizes below.
We’re making it easier for you to refer new members with online referral form! You can quickly send a personal and professional email message to refer your colleagues by visiting the referral form below. Fill one out today!
Schedule & Rules
Every member who successfully recruits 3 new members will automatically receive 1 year of free AST membership!
The prospective member must apply through the online AST membership application - send them the link! Don't forget to have them list your name as the recommender!
- Only one name may be entered as a recommender. If multiple names are included, only one name will count for prize eligibility.
The referrer's AST membership dues for 2020 must be paid in full to be eligible for any rewards or prizes.
Each referral counts towards the referrer's total once the nominee is approved for membership.
Those who referred new members to AST will be recognized at:
The annual AST Town Hall during the 2020 ATC in Philadelphia, PA.
In an issue of the AST eNews; and
On the AST website.
Nominees for membership can be former members who left the Society prior to or during 2017.
- First Prize - iPad and free membership for following year
- Second Prize - $500 AST Bucks
- Third Prize - $250 AST Bucks
*AST Bucks can be used toward any AST activity, including dues, publications, and select meeting registration. The Member-Get-A-Member program runs from annual meeting to annual meeting. Maximum one year free membership per campaign.
- Click here to view the Member-Get-A-Member Program Full FAQs.
- Click here for a letter template if you prefer to mail or hand deliver a letter.
The best tip for recruiting new members is to share what AST means to you! Dr. Nicolae Leca told us why he recommends AST membership to his colleagues: “AST has been an invaluable forum to collaborate, explore, learn and advance the field of transplantation in the company of transplant professionals I highly regard."
- Tell colleagues why you joined AST.
- Provide concrete examples. What benefits can you not live without?
- Focus on their needs and how AST can meet them -- for example:
- Is your colleague a trainee? AST's New Comprehensive Trainee Curriculum (CTC) is available at a discount to members.
- Is your colleague a researcher? AST offers several prestigious research grants.
- Is your colleague an ILDA? Check out the nine-part webinar series free for members.
- Many other opportunities available - meeting registration discounts, access to online specialized Communities of Practice, and so much more!
- Follow up. Check to see if your colleague joined AST, has further questions, or if assistance is required with the application process. Refer to the National Office as needed for additional support!
- Give thanks. Send them a thank you for considering AST membership and their support in the transplant community.
See our complete list of participants in the Member-Get-A-Member program to congratulate our committed members!