“Transplantation is an enormously complicated field that relies on the participation of physicians, surgeons, researchers and others. In order to advance, all who participate on the transplant team must continue the dialogue. Cooperation among transplant professionals is what has set AST apart from other societies."
-AST founding President, Dr. Ronald Guttmann
I am a longstanding member of AST and I like AST because it represents the interests of physicians and scientists in all solid organ transplantation specialties. Additionally, I think of AST as a very comprehensive multidisciplinary team who is very passionate about ensuring that our transplant patients have access to essential medicines, insurance coverage, and the best possible care. Also, AST continuously pushes the envelope to close the gap between basic scientists and clinicians via research collaboration, encouraging clinicians to pursue basic science research. More importantly, AST is one big family who has dedicated a significant amount of time, energy, and resources to the education of students and fellows. I am very proud to be a member of such a prestigious Society.
-Dr. Zibari is a Director at Willis-Knighton Health System and a Professor of Surgery at LSUHSC. He has been a member since 2005 and received a free year of membership and an iPad for his recruitment efforts.
Member-Get-A-Member: invite your colleagues to join us in improving our patients' lives by advancing the field.
How Do I Participate?
It’s easy – refer a colleague and receive one entry for each approved colleague! See full program details and prizes below.
We’re making it easier for you to refer new members with our new, easy referral form! You can quickly send a personal and professional email message to refer your colleagues by visiting the referral form below. Fill one out today!
Schedule & Rules
The prospective member must apply through the online AST membership application - send them the link! Don't forget to have them list your name as the recommender!
The prospective member must submit their membership application with dues payment in order for you to be entered to win.
The referrer's AST membership dues for 2018 must be paid in full.
Each referral counts towards the referrer's total once the nominee is approved for membership.
Those who referred new members to AST will be recognized at:
The annual Member Business Meeting during the 2018 ATC in Seattle, WA.
In an issue of the AST eNews; and
On the AST website.
Nominees for membership can be former members who left the Society prior to or during 2015.
- First Prize - iPad and Free membership for following year
- Second Prize - $500 AST Bucks
- Third Prize - $250 AST Bucks
*AST Bucks can be used toward any AST activity, including dues, publications, and select meeting registration. The Member-Get-A-Member program runs from annual meeting to annual meeting.
Click here to view the Member-Get-A-Member Program Full FAQs.
- Click here for a letter template if you prefer to mail or hand deliver a letter.
The best tip for recruiting new members is to share what AST means to you! Dr. Nicolae Leca told us why he recommends AST membership to his colleagues: “AST has been an invaluable forum to collaborate, explore, learn and advance the field of transplantation in the company of transplant professionals I highly regard."
- Tell colleagues why you joined AST.
- Provide concrete examples. What benefits can you not live without?
- Focus on their needs and how AST can meet them -- for example:
- Is your colleague a trainee? AST's New Comprehensive Trainee Curriculum (CTC) is available at a discount to members.
- Is your colleague a researcher? AST offers several prestigious research grants.
- Is your colleague an ILDA? Check out the nine-part webinar series free for members.
- Many other opportunities available - meeting registration discounts, access to online specialized Communities of Practice, and so much more!
- Follow up. Check to see if your colleague joined AST, has further questions, or if assistance is required with the application process. Refer to the National Office as needed for additional support!
- Give thanks. Send them a thank you for considering AST membership and their support in the transplant community.
See our complete list of participants in the Member-Get-A-Member program to congratulate our committed members!