“Transplantation is an enormously complicated field that relies on the participation of physicians, surgeons, researchers and others. In order to advance, all who participate on the transplant team must continue the dialogue. Cooperation among transplant professionals is what has set AST apart from other societies."
-AST founding President, Dr. Ronald Guttmann
Over the years, the Society has become incredibly welcoming to Advanced Practice Providers, especially since the inception of the Advanced Practice Providers Community of Practice (APP COP) in 2018. I encourage APPs to join the AST and become active on committees and COPs, as we have a unique perspective on patient care. I know that the Society wants APPs to be involved. There are growing opportunities for networking and collaborating with multiple disciplines on projects and educational programming.
Ms. Muth has been an AST member since 2007 and is a Nurse Practitioner at UW Health.
How Do I Participate?
It’s easy – refer a colleague and receive one entry for each approved colleague! See full program details and prizes below.
We’re making it easier for you to refer new members with online referral form! You can quickly send a personal and professional email message to refer your colleagues by visiting the referral form below. Fill one out today!
Schedule & Rules
The prospective member must apply through the online AST membership application - send them the link! Don't forget to have them list your name as the recommender!
- Only one name may be entered as a recommender. If multiple names are included, only one name will count for prize eligibility.
The referrer's AST membership dues for 2022 must be paid in full to be eligible for any rewards or prizes.
Each referral counts towards the referrer's total once the nominee is approved for membership.
Those who referred new members to AST will be recognized at:
The annual AST Town Hall during the 2022 ATC in Boston, MA.
In an issue of the AST eNews; and
On the AST website.
Nominees for membership can be former members who left the Society prior to or during 2019.
- All members who refer a colleague will receive a special gift.
- Members will have the opportunity to win monthly prizes until June 2022.
- March 2022: Winners will receive an AST bag and umbrella.
All referrers will be entered to win our grand prize, which will include an iPad and AST swag. The winner will be announced in June 2022 at ATC.
- Click here for a letter template if you prefer to mail or hand deliver a letter.
The best tip for recruiting new members is to share what AST means to you! Dr. Nicolae Leca told us why he recommends AST membership to his colleagues: “AST has been an invaluable forum to collaborate, explore, learn and advance the field of transplantation in the company of transplant professionals I highly regard."
- Tell colleagues why you joined AST.
- Provide concrete examples. What benefits can you not live without?
- Focus on their needs and how AST can meet them -- for example:
- Is your colleague a trainee? AST's New Comprehensive Trainee Curriculum (CTC) is available at a discount to members.
- Is your colleague a researcher? AST offers several prestigious research grants.
- Is your colleague an ILDA? Check out the nine-part webinar series free for members.
- Many other opportunities available - meeting registration discounts, access to online specialized Communities of Practice, and so much more!
- Follow up. Check to see if your colleague joined AST, has further questions, or if assistance is required with the application process. Refer to the National Office as needed for additional support!
- Give thanks. Send them a thank you for considering AST membership and their support in the transplant community.
See our complete list of participants in the Member-Get-A-Member program to congratulate our committed members!