Key Position Statements
Transplantation is a rapidly advancing field; it is important to provide accurate information to federal decision makers and their staff. Therefore, the AST Board of Directors seeks input from its committees and Communities of Practice to develop key position statements that address these important issues.
- Access to Kidney Transplantation for Patients with End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Antimicrobial Resistance and Human Use of Antibiotics
- Conflict of Interest in Medical Research, Education and Practice
- Deceased Organ Donation
- Immunosuppressive Drug Coverage
- Immunosuppressant Drug Coverage Under Medicare Part D
- Insurance Coverage for Living Donors
- Insurance Coverage for Transplant Recipients
- Living Organ Donation
- Research/NIH Funding
- Transplantation of Organs from HIV-infected Donors (HOPE Act)
- Utilization of Hepatitis C Positive Donor Organs in Transplantation of Hepatitis C Negative Recipients
- Vascularized Composite Allotransplantation (VCA) Research
- AST Endorsed Position on the Declaration of Istanbul on Organ Trafficking and Transplant Tourism.