Thoracic and Critical Care Community (COP)
2020-2021 Executive Committee
Chair: Shelley Hall (2022)
Co-Chair: Deborah Levine (2022)
Past Chair: Jon Kobashigawa (2022)
Board Liaison: Sean Pinney (2021)
Jeffrey Edelman (2021)
Robert Gottlieb (2021)
Todd Grazia (2022)
Early Career Member-at-Large: Emily Zern (2021)
Staff Liaison: Olivia Snow (email@example.com)
- Add workgroups (Journal Watch and Case/Question of the Month) to create intellectual content on HUB in forms of interesting cases and journal articles. The goal is one content every 2-4 weeks (Cardio, Pulmonary, Critical Care).
- Heart Transplant Metrics Consensus Conference.
- The Critical Care Workgroup continues.
- The Cardiopulmonary Shock Workgroup is being formed. Recruit members and develop topics for meetings to culminate in an in-person meeting and consensus conference.
- Consideration of Thoracic donor project (OPO director has presented the idea).
- Increase the number of online or pod-cast thoracic education sessions, (journal club, webinars, tutorials. Goal would be one every 2-3 months.
- Continue to submit potential thoracic related topics and expert speakers to Education Committee.
- Submit thoracic focused program proposals for ATC 2021.
- Develop and coordinate Thoracic Tracks for CEOT 2021.
- Consider a Fellows thoracic course online --ongoing.
- Develop goal topics for the year for the HUB to guide content development.
- Focus on Donation Derby.
- Chair to complete a summary of monthly EC discussion and post on HUB Survey to be initiated by the EC.
- Work to identify a committee need for next year and nominate a thoracic member.
- Build the Mentor/Mentee Program,
- Consider expanding social media presence with TYF member or twitter leader hosting twitter chats as well as posting the HUB content.