Thoracic and Critical Care Community (COP)
2019-2020 Executive Committee
Chair: Shelley Hall (2022)
Co-Chair: Deborah Levine (2020)
Past Chair: Jon Kobashigawa (2020)
Board Liaison: Lisa Potter (2020)
Hannah Copeland (2020)
Jeffrey Edelman (2021)
Robert Gottlieb (2021)
Early Career Member-at-Large: Carli Lehr (2020)
Guest – Critical Care: Darren Malinoski
Guest – Policy and Advocacy: David Nelson
Staff Liaison: Olivia Snow (email@example.com)
- Establish work group to develop and deploy content for the TCC COP Hub.
- Critical Care Survey to engage intensivists in our COP.
- Continue to submit potential thoracic related topics and expert speakers to Education Committee (Transplant in 10 Program).
- Submit thoracic focused program proposals for ATC 2020.
- Develop and coordinate Thoracic Tracks for CEOT 2020.
- Thoracic Organ Transplant – Benefits working group convened.
- Completion of Heart Frailty Consensus Paper.
- Continue efforts to increase AST thoracic attendance at CEOT and ATC, through targeted outreach and by advocating for expanded thoracic subject matter.
- Support the development of the ISHLT/ATC Joint Symposium on Combined Heart-Kidney Transplant.
- Survey to be initiated by the EC.
- Need to develop a champion leader and work group to expand this initiative.
- We will nominate additional members to the thoracic EC Board and the AST Board.
- Plan and implement thoracic networking event at CEOT 2020.
- Send invite to all TCC COP members to call into EC to learn about initiatives and how it all works.
- Consider development of a social media group that can share events and publications via Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook.
- Consider sending minutes of the EC meetings to all TCC COP members via the HUB.
- Include UNOS updates at EC conference calls as well as other national organizations as appropriate.