Community of Transplant Scientists (COTS)
2018-2019 Executive Committee
Staff Liaison: Anne Kreiss (akreiss@myAST.org)
Chair: David Rothstein (2020)
Co-Chair: Anita Chong (2020)
Past Chair: Maria-Luisa Alegre (2020)
Board Liaison: Jonathan Maltzman (2020)
Geoffrey Camirand (2020)
Emmanuel Zorn (2020)
Andrew Adams (2021)
Olivia Martinez (2021)
Early Career: Nicholas Chun (2020)
- Organize journal clubs that feature the first or last author discussing their work.
- Organize Outstanding Questions in Transplantation – a web-based discussion forum by which COTS and AST community-at-large can inform future research.
- Outstanding Questions in Transplantation will be used as a platform for AJT mini-reviews to summarize and extend the discussion begun in the forum.
- Complete planning and host AST/ESOT/TTS co-sponsored and co-organized International Transplant Science meeting for 2019 (ITS 2019) and begin to plan for 2020 meeting.
- Submit proposals for basic science AND Translational symposia for ATC 2020.
- Request funding from BOD and submit proposal for AST-sponsored symposium at AAI 2020.
- Request funding from BOD and submit proposal for AST-sponsored symposium at FOCIS 2020.
- Complete planning and host ITS 2019.
- Plan ITS 2020.
- Continue organizing quarterly journal clubs.
- Propose basic science webinars and “Transplant in 10” basic science topics.
- Write minireviews for AJT on the first Outstanding Questions in Transplantation that have been discussed on the Hub.
- Develop a pipeline through which COTS members can volunteer for ATC and ITS abstract reviewing, chairing sessions, awards, etc. to facilitate career development.
- Will keep revisiting mission statement and strategic plan.
- Utilize survey from 3 years ago.