Transplant Administration and Quality Management COP (TxAQM COP)
Re-introducing the "Transplant Administration and Quality Management Community of Practice" (TxAQM COP)
In January 2018, the Transplant Administrators Community of Practice (TxAdmin COP) officially changed its name to the Transplant Administration and Quality Management Community of Practice (TxAQM COP). With this change, the COP hopes to better serve the Transplant Quality Management community, and provide its members with a professional home within AST.
Transplant Administrators are responsible for many aspects of transplant center operations, including quality and regulatory compliance. Increasingly, especially at medium- and large-volume centers, professional staff at the manager or director level are responsible for management and oversight of transplant QAPI programs and regulatory affairs, usually reporting to transplant administrators with dotted-line reporting to hospital quality executives. These professionals possess knowledge and skills that constitute a burgeoning specialty within transplant administration. We believe the AST is the ideal organization for their professional home, as it is a sub-specialty of transplant administration, and as the COP is very invested in the type of advocacy likely of interest to these transplant professionals.
We believe this name change would clearly establish their welcome to our COP and AST. It would further strengthen our COP and the Society by bringing their considerable expertise and powerful voice into our fold. For these reasons, the Transplant Administrators Community of Practice voted unanimously to seek AST Board permission to rename the COP to the Transplant Administration and Quality Management Community of Practice (TxAQM).
If you are a Quality Management professional interested in joining AST and TxAQM COP, or know a colleague that would be interested in membership, please see the AST Membership FAQ page for more information on how to join.
2018-2019 Executive Committee
Chair: Luke Preczewski (2020)
Co-Chair: Laura Butler (2020)
Past Chair: Gwen McNatt (2020)
Board Liaison: Jonathan Maltzman (2019)
Bridgette Diedrich (2019)
Michelle Lorenz (2019)
Linda Ohler (2020)
Andrea Tietjen (2020)
Staff Liaison: Amber Nolan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Engage the TxAQM Community through:
- Transplant Administrator Designation Taskforce
- Care transitions for Heart Transplant candidates on LVAD
- Transplant medical director survey
- Transplant community salary survey
- Submit an ATC or CEOT program request
- Continue and grow transplant journal club
- Review COP Mission Statement and Strategic Plan in 2018-2019
- Allow administrator designation group to assess member educational needs; evaluate doing so with webinars, especially with quality management focus
- If current TxAQM COP nominee loses a Board position, nominate at least one member to the Board
- Maintain presence at UNOS (Transplant Management Forum) TMF
- Encourage membership active online discussion of regulatory advocacy
- Recruit new AST and TxAQM COP members at:
- The Transplant Management Forum
- The Quality Meeting
- Provide updates to the Board 2X year