Transplant Administration and Quality Management COP (TxAQM COP)
Re-introducing the "Transplant Administration and Quality Management Community of Practice" (TxAQM COP)
In January 2018, the Transplant Administrators Community of Practice (TxAdmin COP) officially changed its name to the Transplant Administration and Quality Management Community of Practice (TxAQM COP). With this change, the COP hopes to better serve the Transplant Quality Management community, and provide its members with a professional home within AST.
Transplant Administrators are responsible for many aspects of transplant center operations, including quality and regulatory compliance. Increasingly, especially at medium- and large-volume centers, professional staff at the manager or director level are responsible for management and oversight of transplant QAPI programs and regulatory affairs, usually reporting to transplant administrators with dotted-line reporting to hospital quality executives. These professionals possess knowledge and skills that constitute a burgeoning specialty within transplant administration. We believe the AST is the ideal organization for their professional home, as it is a sub-specialty of transplant administration, and as the COP is very invested in the type of advocacy likely of interest to these transplant professionals.
We believe this name change would clearly establish their welcome to our COP and AST. It would further strengthen our COP and the Society by bringing their considerable expertise and powerful voice into our fold. For these reasons, the Transplant Administrators Community of Practice voted unanimously to seek AST Board permission to rename the COP to the Transplant Administration and Quality Management Community of Practice (TxAQM).
If you are a Quality Management professional interested in joining AST and TxAQM COP, or know a colleague that would be interested in membership, please see the AST Membership FAQ page for more information on how to join.
2021-2022 Executive Committee
Chair: Laura Butler (2022)
Co-Chair: Andrea Tietjen (2022)
Past Chair: Luke Preczewski (2022)
Board Liaison: Linda Ohler (2022)
Hannah Byford (2023)
Edward Zavala (2023)
Aklilu Yishak (2022)
Early Career: Hassina Mohammed (2022)
Staff Liaison: Raffaella Pace (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The administrator foundations course workgroup will continue.
- Journal Club workgroup will continue.
- Submit a proposal for administration/leadership topic for 2022 ATC (Medical directors taskforce for ATC canceled- may plan in a different setting).
- Review COP Mission Statement and Strategic Plan in 2021-2022.
- Continue Journal Clubs.
- Record 5 Webinars for TX admin course.
- Intend to nominate one member to board, and other committees as applicable.
- Assess the educational needs of physician committee members.
- Continue journal article postings.
- COP online repository established
- Will pursue opportunities at TQI, CEOT, and TMF
- Continue to engage and lead on comments related to regulatory affairs.
- Will use TMF to recruit and grow.
- Provide updates to membership and board.