Kidney Pancreas Community of Practice (KPCOP)
The Kidney Pancreas Community of Practice (KPCOP) provides advice to the AST Board of Directors, proposes and addresses policy and educational needs, and develops collaborations to advance the science and practice of kidney and pancreas transplantation.
2018-2019 Executive Committee
Chair: Darshana Dadhania (2019)
Co-Chair: Bruce Kaplan (2019)
Past Chair: John Friedewald (2019)
Board Liaison: Alex Wiseman (2019)
Tarek Alhamad (2019)
Kelly Birdwell (2019)
Jayme Locke (2020)
Ronald Parsons (2020)
Nada Alachkar (2020)
AST Staff Liaison: Amber Nolan (anolan@myAST.org)
- Facilitate completion of projections initiated by current workgroups and facilitate new workgroup projects:
- Recipients with Failing Allografts,
- Transplant Management Workgroup,
- Cardiovascular Workgroup,
- Frailty Workgroup
- Assist Education Committee in evaluating current AST education programs’ content related to kidney and pancreas with goal to update and ensure offering is still pertinent to AST community.
- Assist new Patient Advocacy effort by reviewing current documentation to ensure accuracy for our patient community.
- Host journal clubs on KPCOP online community page on current topics in kidney and pancreas transplantation.
- Host two AST Journal Club.
- Provide Feedback and generate material to address: Public Policy issues, Education and Mentoring, and Needs of the community
- Communication Workgroup to provide updates on workgroup updates and “seed questions” to trigger ongoing dialogue pertinent to the kidney and pancreas community.
- Use workgroups to encourage cross-collaboration with other groups and encourage their involvement in KPCOP and AST activities
- Communication Workgroup responsible for posting updates on KPCOP Hub community page such as EC meeting agendas and meeting summaries