Travel Grants for Research
The newly developed Travel for Techniques in Transplantation Research (T3R) Program supports the travel of a scientist to the laboratory of another scientist to acquire a new technique. This program fulfills a goal of the AST Research Network to facilitate bringing novel, cutting edge techniques to transplant biology research labs and clinical scientists.
T3R travel grants award up to $2,000 for travel expenses. AST members in the areas of basic, translational, and clinical research in the field of transplantation are eligible to apply. If awarded, the applicant may assign the travel to another person in the laboratory. Travel must be set for future dates.
- Must be independently funded researcher (PI)
- Must maintain an AST membership
- Travel must be set for future dates
- Limit one grant per laboratory.
Award and Travel Support
- Up to $2,000 reimbursement for travel
- Four travel grants per year will be awarded
- Recognition during the ATC
Review and Selection
- Based on relevance to transplantation, potential significance of the work resulting from the new technique, innovation/novelty, investigator, and demonstrated need
- Selected by the AST Research Network Committee
Call for Applications
The 2019 call for applications is closed.