Trainee and Young Faculty Community of Practice (TYF COP)
2023-2024 Executive Committee
Chair: Anshul Bhalla (2024)
Co-Chair: Manpreet Samra (2024)
Past Chair: Samira Farouk (2024)
Board Liaison: Jon Kobashigawa (2024)
Pascale Khairallah (2024)
Emily Daniel (2024)
Shweta Anjan (2025)
Jeanne Kamal (2025)
Laila Lakhani (2025)
Staff Liaison: Raffaella Troiano (rtroiano@myAST.org)
The Trainee and Young Faculty Community of Practice (TYF COP) was created to empower transplant professionals throughout their training and early development of their careers, to participate actively and represent their unique needs in AST.
- Host a TYF COP Controversy Conference on Transplantation in Elderly.
- Host a webinar on “Supporting and Informing Career Growth Opportunities for Transplant Professionals: From Fellowship to Medical Directorship."
- Collaborate with the LDCOP on a webinar to discuss living donation.
- Collaborate with the TxAQM COP on a webinar on How to Define the Success of a Transplant Program.
- Submit programming for ATC 2024 proposals.
- Post monthly Member Spotlights to recognize fellow TYF COP members.
- Create TYF “COP” Liaison position to collaborate with other COPs.
- Offer 2 travel grants for ATC 2024.
- Explore supporting trainee attendance to ATC by offering a trainee grant to medical students in transplant careers.
- Foster professional development of TYF COP members through the TYF COP mentor-mentee program.
- Provide TYF COP swag at Fellows Symposium.
- Develop a Communications subcommittee.
- Explore hosting networking events at other meetings such as ATC, ASN, AASLD.
- Send welcome letters to new members.
- Create online programming on “Financial Bootcamp” for trainees and early career.
- Create a database of TYF members.