Trainee & Young Faculty Community of Practice (TYF COP)
2018-2019 Executive Committee
Chair: Kevin Daly (2019)
Co-Chair: Nissreen Elfadawy (2019)
Past Chair: Rowena Delos Santos (2019)
Board Liaison: John Gill (2019)
Amanda Szczepanik (2019)
Deepika Devuni (2019)
Melissa Laub (2020)
Silvi Shah (2020)
Staff Liaison: Brian Valeria (bvaleria@myAST.org)
- Formalize meaningful initiatives outlined below including:
- Educational Needs Assessment
- Increase TYF involvement within the content creation mission of the AST
- Highlight TYF members on the TYF Hub
- We will continue to propose educational sessions for the ATC including a Mentorship Session and the High Impact Papers from AJT session.
- Work with the Education Committee and other COPs to increase the number of trainees and young faculty on guideline writing groups, white paper writing groups, presenting or moderating journal clubs, etc.
- We will develop a TYF COP mission statement and strategic plan and present to the AST Board.
- Conduct educational needs assessment survey focused on TYF members.
- Develop an AST User Guide to make the society more accessible to TYF members.
- We will highlight one member of the TYF COP each quarter through the COP Hub. This will include a brief Q&A of the selected member. Members will be chosen to highlight the multidisciplinary nature of our COP and foster participation in the online community.
- We will reach out to the TYF COP via the Hub and at the Annual TYF Business Meeting to encourage development of new initiatives. Interested and engaged members will be included in communications regarding new initiatives.
- Increase mentorship and sponsorship of trainees and young faculty at AST and at the ATC. This will be done via mentorship events at each AST meeting (Fellows, ATC, CEOT).