Comprehensive Trainee Curriculum (CTC)
Solid organ transplantation is a multidisciplinary field, leading to a diverse community of professionals within the AST. As a result, it is often necessary for trainees to have extensive knowledge of all areas of transplantation—not just their specialty. While clinical training in transplantation exposes trainees to various specialties, an additional educational curriculum that encompasses all areas is highly beneficial.
The Comprehensive Trainee Curriculum (CTC) is a great way to expand your transplant knowledge. This course is an online educational platform that features dozens of webinars on various concentrations of transplantation. For those interested in a focused learning experience, CTC can also be viewed via a series of 12 recommended learning tracks have been included in the "Course Appendix."
NEW VIDEO ADDED:
- "OPTN: Legal and Regulatory Framework and How OPTN Policy Development Works" by Dr. Maryl Johnson, Professor of Medicine at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health (added March 2021).
- This recording is included as the 6th video in the "All Organs" section. See the "Course Appendix" for a full list of videos in each CTC section.
- All new and updated CTC content is currently provided for free to past purchasers and is included as part of the overall course for new purchasers.
How to Purchase and Access the Course - Click on "ACCESS THE COURSE" above and use the following instructions to purchase CTC from the online store:
- AST MEMBERS: $50. Simply log in with your AST username and password to purchase and access the curriculum. There are no continuing education credits available for this program.
- NON-MEMBERS: $200. If you have an account on the AST website, sign in with those credentials. If you do not have an account with AST, create an account and proceed with the purchase (your account will not be an AST website account nor a membership account; it is your webinar access account). There are no continuing education credits available for this program.
- CTC Planning Subcommittee: Shikha Mehta, MD - Chair; Tarek Alhamad, MD; Mary Chandran, PharmD; Deepika Devuni, MD, MBBS; Jeffrey Edelman, MD; Nissreen Elfadawy, MD; Roshan George, MD; Jonathan Hand, MD; Jared Herr, MD; Anoma Nellore, MD; Varun Kishor Phadke, MD; Amanda Szczepanik, PharmD. The CTC Planning Subcommittee is a subcommittee of the AST Education Committee.
- AST would also like to thank the following individuals for the planning and development of the CTC course: Josh Levitsky, MD, MS - Chair; Jens Goebel, MD; Jonathan Hand, MD; Jared Herr, MD; Vineeta Kumar, MD; Ruth-Ann Lee, PharmD; Carrie Thiessen, MD, PhD; Angus Thomson, PhD, DSc
Educational Content Disclaimer: The content, information, opinions, and viewpoints contained in educational materials housed on and linked from the AST web site are those of the authors or contributors of such materials. While the AST and its committees take great care to screen the credentials of the contributors and make every attempt to review the contents, AST MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, as to the completeness or accuracy of the content contained in the educational materials or on this website. The reader of these materials uses these materials at his or her own risk, and AST shall not be responsible for any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in these materials, whether arising through negligence, oversight, or otherwise. Reliance on any information appearing on this site is strictly at your own risk. Read the full disclaimer.