Transplant Regenerative Medicine Community of Practice (TRM COP)
2019-2020 Executive Committee
Staff Liaison: Anne Kreiss (akreiss@myAST.org)
Chair: Giuseppe Orlando (2021)
Co-Chair: Kim Solez (2021)
Past Chair: Alejandro Soto-Gutierrez (2021)
Board Liaison: Howard Gebel (2020)
Lauren Brasile (2020)
Jon Odorico (2020)
Astgik Petrosyan (2021)
Basak Uygun (2021)
Early Career: Ali Ahmadi (2020)
- Engage in educational activities with other societies focused on organ transplantation, bioengineering, regeneration and repair. Ongoing planning and conversations center on the organization of sessions that incorporate topics in regenerative and transplant medicine with the following societies: Cell Transplant and Regenerative Medicine Society (CTRMS), International Pancreas and Islet Transplant Association (IPITA), Tissue Engineering International & Regenerative Medicine Society (TERMIS), European Society of Organ Transplantation (ESOT) and International Society of Gene and Cellular Therapy (ISCT).
- During the first three months of our tenure, we will explore the feasibility of organizing a one-of-a-kind conference sponsored by NIH, the European Commission and the above societies that will put together for the first time all the above entities that share interest in the broad field of regenerative medicine.
- Established collaboration with the Recovery and Preservation COP for joint session proposals for ATC, journal clubs, etc.
- Submit symposium proposals to the conferences of the above societies.
- Sponsor one or two travel awards for young clinicians/investigators to relevant conferences.
- Provide a monthly update on hot topics to appear on the website.
- Publish two papers annually on regenerative medicine topics relevant to transplant medicine.
- Implement the Twitter account.
- Assess the feasibility of video documentation of our meetings and do further analysis using YouTube analytics.
- Develop the TRM COP’s strategic plan.