Advanced Technology in Transplant Care
Marina Serper, MD, MS • Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
David Taber, PharmD, MS, BCPS • Professor, Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC), Charleston, SC
Linda Ohler, MSN, RN, CCTC, FAAN • Associate Director, Quality, Regulatory and Education, New York University Langone Medical Center, New York, NY
After participating in this webinar, the attendee will be able to:
- Describe the background and potential applications of telemedicine in transplantation.
- Identify possible barriers to widespread implementation of telemedicine prior to COVID-19.
- Discuss recent changes in regulatory barriers and telemedicine use in the COVID-19 era.
- Describe common mHealth applications used to manage medications and how these can potentially be used by transplant patients to improve adherence and reduce medication errors.
- Explain how dashboards can improve the efficient and effective monitoring of high-risk populations, including transplant recipients.
AST would like to thank the Transplant Administration and Quality Management Community of Practice (TxAQM COP) for recommending "advanced technology in transplant care" as a topic for the 2019-2020 T3 series. Learn more about AST's COPs at www.myast.org/cops.
Educational Content Disclaimer: The content, information, opinions, and viewpoints contained in educational materials housed on and linked from the AST web site are those of the authors or contributors of such materials. While the AST and its committees take great care to screen the credentials of the contributors and make every attempt to review the contents, AST MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, as to the completeness or accuracy of the content contained in the educational materials or on this website. The reader of these materials uses these materials at his or her own risk, and AST shall not be responsible for any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in these materials, whether arising through negligence, oversight, or otherwise. Reliance on any information appearing on this site is strictly at your own risk. Read the full disclaimer.