Disparities in Access to Transplantation
After participating in this webinar, the attendee will be able to:
- Describe the nature of disparities in transplantation in the US
- Identify factors that are driving disparities in transplantation - using kidney transplantation as a case study
- Highlight examples of multi-level strategies to address disparities in transplantation
- Tanjala Purnell, MPH, PhD • Director of Education, Johns Hopkins Center for Health Equity, Baltimore, MD
- Larissa Myaskovsky, PhD • Professor of Internal Medicine & Director, Center for Healthcare Equity in Kidney Disease, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, NM
- Winfred Williams, Jr., MD • Associate Chief, Division of Nephrology, Associate Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
AST would like to thank the Psychosocial and Ethics Community of Practice (PSECOP), in conjunction with the Pediatric Community of Practice (PCOP) and Women's Health Community of Practice (WHCOP), for recommending "Disparities in Access to Transplantation" as a topic for the 2020-2021 T3 series. Learn more about AST's COPs at www.myast.org/cops.
Educational Content Disclaimer: The content, information, opinions, and viewpoints contained in educational materials housed on and linked from the AST web site are those of the authors or contributors of such materials. While the AST and its committees take great care to screen the credentials of the contributors and make every attempt to review the contents, AST MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, as to the completeness or accuracy of the content contained in the educational materials or on this website. The reader of these materials uses these materials at his or her own risk, and AST shall not be responsible for any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in these materials, whether arising through negligence, oversight, or otherwise. Reliance on any information appearing on this site is strictly at your own risk. Read the full disclaimer.