Integrated Multi-Disciplinary Model Across the Care Continuum: Current Practice Models of Advanced Practice Providers and Pharmacists in Transplantation
After participating in this webinar, the attendee will be able to:
- Explain the evolution of pharmacy and advanced practice providers in solid organ transplant.
- Share current inpatient multidisciplinary practice models.
- Describe the various roles of pharmacists and advanced practice providers in the outpatient setting.
- Discuss future opportunities for transplant pharmacists and advanced practice providers.
- Holli Winters, PharmD, BCPS • Specialty Practice Pharmacist, Solid Organ Transplantation, The Ohio State Wexner Medical Center, Columbus, OH
- Gina Jamero, MSN, ACNP-BC • Lead Nurse Practitioner, Heart Transplant and Mechanical Circulatory Support Cardiology, Cedars-Sinai Smidt Heart Institute, Los Angeles, CA
- Anna Frank, PA-C • Lead Advanced Practice Provider, MedStar Georgetown Transplant Institute, Washington, D.C.
AST would like to thank the Advanced Practice Provider Community of Practice (APP COP) and the Transplant Pharmacy Community of Practice (TxPharm COP) for recommending this topic for the 2020-2021 T3 series. Learn more about AST's COPs at www.myast.org/cops. The session title has been updated from "Integrated Multi-discipline Model Across the Care Continuum: A Focus on Advance Care Practice Provider- and Pharmacist-driven Service Lines" to better reflect the focus of the presentation.
Educational Content Disclaimer: The content, information, opinions, and viewpoints contained in educational materials housed on and linked from the AST web site are those of the authors or contributors of such materials. While the AST and its committees take great care to screen the credentials of the contributors and make every attempt to review the contents, AST MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, as to the completeness or accuracy of the content contained in the educational materials or on this website. The reader of these materials uses these materials at his or her own risk, and AST shall not be responsible for any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in these materials, whether arising through negligence, oversight, or otherwise. Reliance on any information appearing on this site is strictly at your own risk. Read the full disclaimer.