Optimal Matching Between Lung Donor Organs of Marginal Quality and Recipients
After participating in this webinar, the attendee will be able to:
- Understand factors and methods to identify an acceptable donor.
- Understand impact of using or not using, acceptable donors on post-transplant outcomes.
- Understand practical methods of matching acceptable donors to appropriate lung transplant recipients.
- Matthew Hartwig, MD, MHS • Associate Professor of Surgery, Duke University Health System, Durham, NC
- Sameep Sehgal, MD, FCCP • Staff Physician, Respiratory Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
- Deborah Levine, MD • Professor of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX
- Norihisa Shigemura, MD, PhD • Professor of Surgery, Temple University Health System and Lewis Katz School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
AST would like to thank the Thoracic and Critical Care Community of Practice (TCC COP) for recommending this topic to include as part of the T3 webinar series. Learn more about AST's COPs at www.myast.org/cops.
Educational Content Disclaimer: The content, information, opinions, and viewpoints contained in educational materials housed on and linked from the AST web site are those of the authors or contributors of such materials. While the AST and its committees take great care to screen the credentials of the contributors and make every attempt to review the contents, AST MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, as to the completeness or accuracy of the content contained in the educational materials or on this website. The reader of these materials uses these materials at his or her own risk, and AST shall not be responsible for any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in these materials, whether arising through negligence, oversight, or otherwise. Reliance on any information appearing on this site is strictly at your own risk. Read the full disclaimer.