The Science of Substance Use Disorders in Clinical Transplantation
After participating in this webinar, the attendee will be able to:
- Describe the core concepts underlying the disease of addiction.
- Understand implications of prescription opioid use, benzodiazepine use, and cannabis use disorder before and after transplant on recipient outcomes, at the population-level.
- Identify the implications of prescription opioid use on living donor outcomes, at the population level.
- Understand the risks of relapse to substance use disorders and factors that may predict relapse risk.
- Discuss current controversies that relate to substance use and transplantation, including marijuana use and transplantation for acute alcoholic hepatitis.
- Marian Fireman, MD • Professor of Psychiatry, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR
- Krista Lentine, MD, PhD, FAST • Professor of Medicine, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, MO
- Antú Segal, PsyD, ABPP • Senior Staff Clinical Health Psychologist, Henry Ford Hospital; Detroit, MI
AST would like to thank the Living Donor Community of Practice (LDCOP) and Pediatrics Community of Practice (PCOP) for recommending related topics to include as part of the T3 webinar series. Learn more about AST's COPs at www.myast.org/cops.
Educational Content Disclaimer: The content, information, opinions, and viewpoints contained in educational materials housed on and linked from the AST web site are those of the authors or contributors of such materials. While the AST and its committees take great care to screen the credentials of the contributors and make every attempt to review the contents, AST MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, as to the completeness or accuracy of the content contained in the educational materials or on this website. The reader of these materials uses these materials at his or her own risk, and AST shall not be responsible for any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in these materials, whether arising through negligence, oversight, or otherwise. Reliance on any information appearing on this site is strictly at your own risk. Read the full disclaimer.