Timely Topics in Transplantation
Timely Topics in Transplantation webinars are the perfect opportunity to listen to a live presentation on a current issue and ask questions directly to the presenter. All webinars are available on demand after the live air date.
How to Resister for and View T3 Webinars - Click on the "REGISTER" or "VIEW ARCHIVE" buttons below and use the following instructions:
- AST MEMBERS: T3 webinars are free for AST members. After clicking "REGISTER" or "VIEW ARCHIVE," simply log in with your AST username and password to register (or purchase the webinar recording) for free.
- NON-MEMBERS: T3 webinars are $25. If you have an account on the AST website, click on "REGISTER" or "VIEW ARCHIVE" and sign in with those credentials. If you do not have an account with AST, create an account and proceed with the online registration or purchase (your account will not be an AST membership account; it is used to access AST content).
Novel Approaches to the Assessment of Frailty
After participating in this webinar, the attendee will be able to:
- Educate the transplant community on the current understanding of frailty both pre and post solid organ transplantation.
- Establish a standardized approach for the identification and treatment of frailty both pre- and post-transplantation, including:
A) Establishing a common nomenclature for frailty within solid organ transplantation
B) Establishing recommendations for the assessment of frailty in solid organ transplant candidates
C) Establishing guidelines for including a frailty assessment in candidate selection
- Jennifer Lai, MD, MBA • Associate Professor of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- Mara McAdams DeMarco, PhD • Associate Professor of Surgery and Epidemiology, Director of Clinical and Outcomes Research, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- Evan Kransdorf, MD, PhD • Assistant Director, Heart Transplant Research and Education, Smidt Heart Institute, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Lianne Singer, MD, FRCPC • Professor of Medicine, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
AST would like to thank the Women's Health Community of Practice (WHCOP) for recommending "Frailty" as a topic for the 2020-2021 T3 series. Learn more about AST's COPs at www.myast.org/cops.
Integrated Multi-discipline Model Across the Care Continuum: A Focus on Advance Care Practice Provider- and Pharmacist-driven Service Lines
- Holli Winters, PharmD, BCPS • Specialty Practice Pharmacist, Solid Organ Transplantation, The Ohio State Wexner Medical Center, Columbus, OH
- Gina Jamero, MSN, ACNP-BC • Lead Nurse Practitioner, Heart Transplant and Mechanical Circulatory Support Cardiology, Cedars-Sinai Smidt Heart Institute, Los Angeles, CA
- Anna Frank, PA-C • Lead Advanced Practice Provider, MedStar Georgetown Transplant Institute, Washington, D.C.
Registration to open soon.
AST would like to thank the Advanced Practice Provider Community of Practice (APP COP) and the Transplant Pharmacy Community of Practice (TxPharm COP) for recommending this topic for the 2020-2021 T3 series. Learn more about AST's COPs at www.myast.org/cops.
Educational Content Disclaimer: The content, information, opinions, and viewpoints contained in educational materials housed on and linked from the AST web site are those of the authors or contributors of such materials. While the AST and its committees take great care to screen the credentials of the contributors and make every attempt to review the contents, AST MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, as to the completeness or accuracy of the content contained in the educational materials or on this website. The reader of these materials uses these materials at his or her own risk, and AST shall not be responsible for any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in these materials, whether arising through negligence, oversight, or otherwise. Reliance on any information appearing on this site is strictly at your own risk. Read the full disclaimer.