Xenotransplantation: Pig to Human Heart Transplant
After participating in this webinar, the attendee will be able to:
- Understand our process of eIND approval, background data.
- Understand the postoperative course, xenograft function.
- Understand what we learned from our experience.
- Bartley Griffith, MD, FACS, FRCS • The Thomas E. and Alice Marie Hales Distinguished Professor in Transplantation, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- Jayme Locke, MD, MPH, FACS, FAST • Professor of Surgery, Chief, Division of Transplantation, Arnold G. Diethelm Endowed Chair in Transplantation Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
This topic was suggested by the AST Education Committee for inclusion in the 2021-2022 T3 webinar series. With this session, we hope to provide transplant professionals with the most up-to-date information on the latest developments in Xenotransplantation. AST would like to thank our expert panelists for agreeing to participate in this webinar and sharing their knowledge on the topic.
Educational Content Disclaimer: The content, information, opinions, and viewpoints contained in educational materials housed on and linked from the AST web site are those of the authors or contributors of such materials. While the AST and its committees take great care to screen the credentials of the contributors and make every attempt to review the contents, AST MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, as to the completeness or accuracy of the content contained in the educational materials or on this website. The reader of these materials uses these materials at his or her own risk, and AST shall not be responsible for any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in these materials, whether arising through negligence, oversight, or otherwise. Reliance on any information appearing on this site is strictly at your own risk. Read the full disclaimer.