The AST has put together a list of resources for patients and patient families. Please visit the following links to learn more:
- Power2Save: Power2Save is an initiative developed by the American Society of Transplantation (AST) dedicated to increasing public awareness around the importance of funding transplant research, organ donation, and advocating for transplant health.
- Pediatric Kidney Transplantation: A Guide for Patients and Families: (also available in Spanish version)
- AST Patient Education Brochures: these brochures address what patients may expect before, during, and after transplantation. These brochures were created for the purposes of informing transplant patients.
- How to Become an Organ Donor: your decision to become an organ donor can make a difference in as many as 50 lives.
- It Takes All Types: a campaign supported by the American Red Cross and Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
- Oral Health Fact Sheet: talks about potential oral health problems associated with organ transplantation and how to keep your mouth healthly
- Resources for Transplantation Patients: list of patient-related resources
- Organ, Eye, and Tissue Donation Booklet: booklet for organ donors over 50 years of age.
- Transplant Hero: An interactive alarm application created specially for transplant patients by medical doctors with reminders about when to take your transplant medications.
- Transplant Living: This website helps patients navigate life before and after transplantation.
- Informate.org: This interactive website, available in both Spanish and English, is specifically designed to help the Hispanic/Latino community make informed treatment decisions about kidney donation and transplantation by providing resources and neutral information. It includes telenovelas and quizzes, and addresses common Hispanic cultural concerns about transplantation and donation.
- TRIO: Transplant Recipients International Organization, Inc.(TRIO) provides transplant patient and family support through its chapters throughout the US (and Japan) and also through on-line resources linked from its web site
Please be aware that medical advice, diagnoses, and physician references cannot be obtained from the staff or this website.