AST Resident/Student ATC Travel Award Application
The AST is pleased to announce a new Resident/Student American Transplant Congress (ATC) Travel Award Program, targeted at residents and students who have expressed interest in obtaining more exposure to the field of transplantation before committing to training in transplantation.
Application deadline: March 15, 2016
Notification of application decision: March 30, 2016
The goal of this award program is to stimulate interest in a potential career in transplantation by supporting medical students and residents (medical, surgical, or pediatric) with an interest in transplantation who have not yet committed to applying for a specific training in transplantation.
The ATC, which takes place June 11-15, 2016 in Boston, MA, is the premier meeting for transplant-related education and networking. This travel award will allow interested medical students and residents to attend this meeting, learn more about transplantation as a career path, and connect with a community of mentors.
This award program includes four key components:
- Free ATC meeting registration
- Grant for reimbursable travel expenses up to $1000 to attend ATC
- Tailored events and networking opportunities at ATC
- A faculty mentor who will be a resource for guidance before, during, and after ATC
Awardees will be expected to attend the ATC annual meeting, a pre-ATC symposium, a luncheon workshop, the AST Town Hall, and various Communities of Practice (COP) meetings during ATC. There will also be a Welcome Reception with AST representatives.
Applicants are required to submit all of the following:
- One (1) letter of sponsorship from a member of the AST (on institutional letterhead)
- Candidate’s CV
- Candidate’s statement of interest and commitment to attend the entire ATC meeting and associated events
Terms of Agreement
If the candidate is selected, the award will be issued in one payment prior to ATC.
If you have questions about this program, please contact Sharon Bartosh, MD at firstname.lastname@example.org.