COVID-19: Organ Donation and Transplant Town Hall #4
A number of transplant organizations from around the world continue their partnership to create a fourth educational webinar for the organ donation and transplantation communities. Our goal is to share experiences to date and respond to your questions about the impact of COVID-19 on organ donation and transplantation. COVID-19: Organ Donation and Transplant Town Hall #4 was recorded on December 3, 2020. View Recording
- What happened to transplantation during the COVID-19 Pandemic?
- U.S. Experience (David Klassen, MD, UNOS)
- European Experience (John Forsythe, National Blood Service, Transplant, UK)
- What happened to the waitlist and outcomes during the pandemic?
- U.S. Experience (Lloyd Ratner, MD, ASTS, AST)
- European Experience (Patrizia Burra, MD PhD, ESOT)
- Impact of COVID-19 on the Workforce: The Challenges of Burnout
- The Current and Future State of Transplantation during the Pandemic
- Strategies for doing COVID care and non COVID care simultaneously (Atul Humar, MD CST, AST)
- Testing strategies and time-based clearance for those with history of COVID, including those awaiting transplant and in need of treatment for other medical issues, including rejection (Fausto Baldanti, MD, PhD, ESOT)
- Therapeutics for SARS-CoV-2 infection in transplant candidates and recipients (Michael Ison, MD, MS, AST, TTS)
- What is the future of vaccination, including for transplant candidates and recipients? (Cameron Wolfe, MD, AST)