Xenotransplantation - Where do we go from here?
After participating in this webinar, the attendee will be able to:
- Provide an overview of critical known and unknown safety endpoints in kidney Xenotransplantation
- Describe an ethical framework for identifying first living human recipients
- Learn the difference in immunosuppression regimen between Allo and Xenotransplant
- Learn how the immunosuppression for Xenotransplant was determined
- Jayme Locke, MD, MPH, FACS, FAST • Professor of Surgery, Chief, Division of Transplantation, Arnold G. Diethelm Endowed Chair in Transplantation Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
- Muhammad Mohiuddin, MD, D.Sc (Hon) • Professor of Surgery, Director, Xenotransplantation Program, Cardiac Xenotransplantation Program, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- Stuart Knechtle, MD • William R. Kenan, Jr. Professor of Surgery, Duke Transplant Center, Department of Surgery, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC
The AST Education Committee would like to thank the Community of Transplant Scientists (COTS) and the Infectious Disease Community of Practice (IDCOP) for suggesting this topic as part of the 2022-2023 T3 webinar series. Learn more about AST's COPs at www.myast.org/cops.
Educational Content Disclaimer: The content, information, opinions, and viewpoints contained in educational materials housed on and linked from the AST web site are those of the authors or contributors of such materials. While the AST and its committees take great care to screen the credentials of the contributors and make every attempt to review the contents, AST MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, as to the completeness or accuracy of the content contained in the educational materials or on this website. The reader of these materials uses these materials at his or her own risk, and AST shall not be responsible for any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in these materials, whether arising through negligence, oversight, or otherwise. Reliance on any information appearing on this site is strictly at your own risk. Read the full disclaimer.