Vascular Composite Allotransplant Advisory Council
Chair: Michael Marvin
Co-Chair: Jerzy Kupiec-Weglinski
Past Chair: David Mathes
Board Liaison: Nicole Turgeon
- Obtain approval from AST Board for joint “super committee.”
- Initiate meetings to discuss details of “consortium.”
- Consider AST partnership with American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery to offer grant support in the VCA.
- As the leader in VCA microsurgery/basic research field, the Johns Hopkins Group may organize a microsurgery course in mouse/rat VCA techniques. This is certainly missing, and many want to learn how to perform these most complicated microsurgery procedures.
- Develop a sunrise symposium entitled: Emerging concepts in basic immunobiology of composite tissue allograft (CTA) vs solid organ transplant (SOT).