Intensive Review of Nephrology
August 6 – 10, 2018
The Acclaimed Critical Update and Board Review
The “Intensive Review of Nephrology” course is designed to enhance renal medicine knowledge by offering a comprehensive update; a case-based review of challenging clinical problems; and a review of literature to guide evidence-based practice. This course can also serve to prepare attendees for the ABIM Board Examinations (Certification/Recertification) and offers daily board review question and answer practice sessions in each specialty area of nephrology. This program also consists of daily case-based lectures and case-based luncheons covering the most important topics in renalmedicine. Throughout the course, emphasis is placed onthe practical application of physiological principles to the understanding and management of clinical problems, particularly for board exam preparation.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Summarize current/recommended nephrology guidelines in clinical practice
- Explain the differential diagnosis of complex clinical presentations of patients with renal disorders
- Identify/integrate current therapeutic options for specific renal disorders
- Review and interpret up-to-date literature relevant to clinical practice
- Describe pathophysiological mechanisms as they apply to management of renal disease
- Apply learning objectives to the ABIM Nephrology certification/recertification examinations
This course is endorsed by the American Society of Transplantation.