Midwest Transplant Symposium
October 17, 2015 from 02:00am to 08:00am EDT
Washington University - St. Louis School of Medicine campusInstitute of Public Health, Washington University in St. Louis 600 S. Taylor Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63110 US
This live activity is designed for health care professionals including physicians in training, pharmacists, nephrologist, transplant surgeons, transplant coordinators, and nurses who are interested to learn more about Kidney and Pancreas Transplantation.
- Describe standard immunosuppression medications and current alternatives
- Define current strategies for the management of antibody mediated rejection
- Understand the new kidney allocation system and its implications in current practices
- Review the most common viral and surgical complications after kidney transplantations
- Discuss the benefits of combined pancreas and kidney transplantations
- Determine management of a failing kidney allograft
- Describe the evaluation of and the risks for living donors
Time and location:
October 16 &17, 2015
Second Floor, Satcher
Doll & Hill Room 2131
Institute of Public Health
Washington University in St. Louis
600 S. Taylor Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63110