The Heart of the Matter—An Ethics Series by UNOS: Ethical Complexities and Living Donation (Part 2)
October 31, 2016 from 01:00pm to 02:00pm EDT
Our fourth part of the series deals with Living Donors. How donors are found, maintaining confidentiality, donor rights, psychosocial evaluations, and other issues that impact living donors will be discussed with a panel of experts who work in the field.
o OPOs executive directors
o Hospital ethics committees
o Donor champions ((through hospitals)—John’s Hopkins
o Social Workers
o Donor Advocates
o Dialysis centers
The objectives are as follows
· Assess ethical dilemmas when assisting candidates in their search for living donors
· Explain the importance of living donor rights
· Apply ethical principles to a scenario
Please note: There will be a $25 fee to register. The session will be recorded for those unable to attend the live event.
Date and Time
October 31; 1 pm EST
To register, click here.
After registration you will receive a confirmation e-mail. Please make sure your e-mail settings allow for communications from Citrix and check that your system is compatible before the event. Contact your IT department for assistance.
Continuing Education Information
ABTC will award 1 CEPTC credit for participation. In order to receive a certificate, you must view the webinar and complete an evaluation and assessment.
This activity has been submitted to the Virginia Nurses Association for approval to award contact hours. The Virginia Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
This activity is pending approval from the National Association of Social Workers.
· UNOS Instructional Innovations at email@example.com, for instructional questions.
· Regional Administrator, at (804) 782-4800, for policy questions.
· UNet Help Desk, at (800) 978-4334 or firstname.lastname@example.org, for technical questions.